What a year 2017 was! I thought 2016 was amazing, but 2017 was an even more exciting year for Propel. And the reason why it was so awesome was all our customers, partners and employees. Thank you to all our customers, including the newest ones like JUUL, Invista, Teal Drones, and R2 Dermatology.
What happened in 2017? Here’s just a few of the highlights for Propel:
- January: Propel partners with Onshape and Zero Wait-State to deliver the world’s first integrated 3D CAD and PLM in the cloud. Now you can update CAD designs and share information with anyone just using a web browser or phone!
- February: After 5 months, Propel “graduates” from the Salesforce Incubator by delivering a new change management solution for Salesforce pricebooks and product catalogs. You can now make pricing redlines and approve them before those changes are updated in Salesforce.
- March: Jeff Staley joins as our new VP of Global Sales. Is it a coincidence that Propel’s sales take off after he starts?
- April: Propel sponsors our first official Salesforce event, the Salesforce World Tour in Toronto.
- May: Propel welcomes our largest customer to date to migrate from an older cloud PLM system. This is the first of many PLM “swaps” in 2017, as older PLM customers are realizing that there’s an easy way to escape the constraints of their outdated PLM systems.
- June: Salesforce, Ascent, CloudCraze, Kenandy, Rootstock, Propel and many others hold the 2nd Manufacturing Cloud Summit, originally founded by Propel. 2017’s event featured twice as many attendees as 2016!
- July: One of the world’s largest technology companies chooses Propel to manage their data center assets.
- August: Propel announces brand new features designed for life sciences customers, including the Propel Medical Validation Pack (MVP). Medical customers can now use a fully validated PLM solution built on a flexible and modern cloud platform.
- September: Salesforce chooses Propel as one of a handful of companies to join their Strategic Partner Program.
- October: Propel expands the capabilities of pricebook change management to include broader support for Product Information Management (PIM) and welcomes our first “official” PIM customers. Companies can now manage all their product information – from engineering to sales – in a single system.
- November: Propel delivers new capabilities to help companies manage training records and compliance for product specifications.
- December: Propel becomes the #1 highest rated PLM software in G2 Crowd. G2 Crowd is based 100% on real customer reviews, so we’d like to thank everyone for their feedback and a great way to wrap up 2017!
2017 was an amazing year. Thank you to all our customers, partners and everyone else who made it possible. Can’t wait for 2018!