Customer-centricity has been transforming the retail and financial services industries for the last several years, and now it's the medical devices industry's turn. Our recent article in Medical Product Outsourcing goes into a great amount of detail about this customer-centric approach, and we're seeing more and more companies embrace Propel and Salesforce's unique value prop in the medical device industry.
Propel and Salesforce offer medical device companies the industry's only platform for managing customer, quality and product data in one place. By combining Salesforce CRM with Propel's Quality Management System (QMS) and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), companies finally have an easy and low-risk way for managing customer complaints and post-market surveillance. Different departments like Sales, Customer Service, Quality Assurance and Engineering now have one place to identify, prioritize and resolve customer issues with their devices.
We've seen companies abandon outdated solutions like Arena, Omnify and a mish-mash of Excel spreadsheets in Microsoft Sharepoint to adopt our modern and integrated cloud solution. Propel is built on the Salesforce platform, so the solutions are already integrated right out of the box. Companies like Yukon Medical can reduce risks, increase customer responsiveness and improve team productivity by avoiding duplicate data entry across systems. "Instead of writing things down and keyboarding them into another system, the Yukon team can file a case and keep up-to-date on all customer issues seamlessly within one single system."
So how do Propel and Salesforce help with customer complaints and post-market surveillance? Here's a 5-minute video explaining how it works:
The flow of product, quality and customer information needs to work seamlessly across different teams and processes - or else your company will end up with upset customers and regulatory agencies. In a nutshell, an integrated customer complaint process should help different teams work well together.
- Service: field service or customer service agents can capture all types of customer issues. They should also capture details like location, affected product, etc.
- Quality: QA/RA teams should be able to view customer issues and group all relevant ones into a complaint for further review and investigation.
- Engineering: if needed, Engineering can review the QA team's findings to address potential design issues in future products.
But being integrated is just step one. A modern cloud solution also needs to be:
- Flexible: so you can adapt it to new types of devices, business models and information that you want to track
- Easy to use: so multiple teams, partners and suppliers can quickly ramp up and use it productively
- Scalable: so your system can go with your business as it grows
Want to find out why so many medical device companies are embracing Propel and Salesforce to improve their customer-centricity? Sign up for an upcoming live webinar on how Propel helps.