In the olden days, product lifecycle management software was just for the engineering and operations teams. By olden days, I’m referring to what we knew 20 years ago but what some people still know today. Here are the challenges with these legacy platforms:
- Product lifecycle management systems were originally built for engineers by engineers. So, the engineers had a great system, but the other teams, including marketing, service and sales, weren’t at the table. They had to find their own solutions. More often than not, the siloed solutions didn’t talk to each other, which meant there was no single record of truth.
- Having multiple systems made it difficult to deliver on the promise of enterprise product collaboration.
- This type of setup made it nearly impossible to achieve robust integrations across all enterprise systems like CRM and ERP
To get the most out of product lifecycle management (PLM), you need modern PLM software that manages not only the entire evolution of the product but also the commercialization of the product, which includes managing product attributes for global sales channels, and ensuring compliance with regional regulatory mandates.
You need PLM software that helps you get products to market faster, resolve customer issues faster and increase margins. You need a single view of product data from all key systems coupled with enterprise-wide collaboration. This will allow your team to work smarter, faster, and better together.
What Does Modern PLM Software Provide?
- Increased Productivity: With centralized information and workflows, PLM helps companies improve operational efficiency, reduce infrastructure costs, improve product quality and accelerate time to market, which ultimately drives increased throughput.
- Reduced Risk: PLM serves as a single source of truth by providing a complete view of the product quality data and eliminating duplicate data entries, potential errors and supply-chain challenges.
- Improved Cost Management: PLM provides a holistic view of the product lifecycle to various teams such as procurement and manufacturing, so that they can find product materials and parts that are durable and cost-effective.
- Accelerated Time to Market: PLM helps companies get to market up to 75% faster — successfully staying ahead of the competition.
- Increased Profits: Improving operational inefficiencies, reducing costs, launching high-quality products and accelerating time to market all result in increased profits.
- Data Sharing: The ability to share the right information with the right people at the right time increases visibility, improves collaboration and enables teams to work efficiently, increasing revenue and speeding up the development process.
- Higher Quality Product: When the quality processes are closely knit with the design processes, product issues can be tracked easily and quickly, thereby ensuring product quality with a faster go-to-market.
- Greater Customer Loyalty: Delivering higher quality products more quickly goes a long way towards increasing customer loyalty.
Propel Product 360: The Modern Way to Take Products from Concept to Customer
Propel Product 360 empowers organizations, both big and small, to create the right products, commercialize them successfully and correct quality issues decisively. Our system connects and aligns data, processes and technology to bring a high-quality product to market fast.
Propel Product 360 not only helps smaller companies scale up, it also provides agility and flexibility to larger organizations, eliminating bottlenecks with repeatable process frameworks that are built on the scalable PLM platform. It provides a path for breakthrough transformations and acts as a single source of truth from concept to customer. Propel delivers contextual collaboration, helping to quickly resolve issues that might otherwise cause serious delays or budget overruns.
Our incorporation of QMS into Product 360 means high-quality products that are delivered on time.
The Benefits of Propel’s Cloud-Based PLM
Our product lifecycle management software is cloud-native. Having a single source of truth in the cloud expedites and improves product development and enables you to track data and processes – wherever you are. Propel’s cloud PLM software updates product changes, advancements, and industry compliance as they happen in real-time, allowing for timely collaboration between all departments in the product development process regardless of location.
Product 360 + Customer 360 = Product Success
Propel’s Product 360 incorporates our product expertise with Salesforce’s customer expertise. Our integrated cloud platform propels product success by connecting the people, processes and tools needed to deliver market-leading products from concept to customer.
Propel is PLM reimagined: cloud PLM, role-based and easy-to-use.
Propel enables enterprise-wide collaboration so that all teams can work smarter, faster and better together.
Propel vs. Alternatives
Here is a summary of our key differentiators.
Digitizes concept to customer lifecycle
- Propel provides a single platform for suppliers, engineering, quality, sales, customer service and customers to work together.
- Other vendors offer siloed solutions focused on individual department needs instead of company-wide goals.
Strong cloud architecture
- Propel is built on the Salesforce platform, which provides enterprise-class security and scalability at a low TCO.
- Other solutions are on-premise or use aging cloud technologies that aren’t designed for distributed or remote workforces.
Core new product introduction capabilities
- Propel makes it easier to connect all your people and integrate all your data so that you can manage the full product lifecycle.
- Other solutions are designed for engineering, not the entire enterprise, and don’t have a focus on product commercialization.
Core quality management capabilities
- Propel provides closed loop enterprise-wide quality management that enables design for quality, faster issue resolution and supplier quality management.
- Other vendors take a document-focused approach in managing all the basics of quality, including SCAR, NC and CAPAs, and don’t connect quality and product records
Ease of use
- Propel Product 360 is a highly intuitive role-based solution with desktop and mobile user interfaces that make it easy for people to learn quickly.
- Other solutions have complex, clunky user interfaces that make it difficult for anyone but a power user to master.
- Propel’s built-in collaboration provides context by associating the BOM with threaded communications and design history.
- With other solutions, collaboration is left to email, resulting in a less secure environment and difficulty seeing the history of product choices.
Strong supplier management
- With Propel, properly authenticated suppliers can securely access their data and alerts in a few clicks.
- Other vendors’ tools were not designed for suppliers and often require clunky VPNs and bolt-on modules.
- Propel Product 360 is highly configurable with no code or low code.
- Other vendors’ solutions have limited configurability.
To learn more about how Propel’s PLM solution can help you, please visit https://www.propelplm.com/products/plm.