CREATE THE PERFECT PRODUCT WITH YOUR CUSTOMERS
Changing customer expectations, new types of competitors, and more complex products are endangering the entire business model of engineer-to-order (ETO) companies. Sometimes called custom engineering firms, ETO companies need to change now because customers are no longer satisfied with mediocre response times, lack of project visibility and disjointed communication.
Instead of relying on 20-year old technologies and processes, best-in-class companies are rapidly embracing cloud technologies to get super-close to customers and win more business. Engineer-to-order or ETO companies can’t afford to have sales people chasing down engineers and purchasing for custom quotes, engineers responding to all types of requests, or customers getting frustrated because they have no idea when their project will be done. They need a solution that works across sales, engineering and operations, so everyone has a single place to review product requirements, designs and deliverables. Engineer-to-order isn’t just for mechanical engineering either - it needs to embrace all the stakeholders involved in the final product, including packaging, tooling, software, purchasing, finance and more. And engineer-to-order isn’t just an internal process - it needs to include partners, suppliers and customers - all external parties who need secure and easy access to the latest product and project information.
Integrated Engineer-to-Order flow across CRM, PLM and ERP
- Integrated process from customer inquiry to opportunity to initial design to final product delivery
- Single place for all customer data, opportunity updates, product information, changes, project tasks and deliverables
- Secure and mobile access for both internal and external stakeholders
- Easy to use for customers, partners, engineers, sales and operations
- Fast customer response times, more accurate quotes and higher win rate
- Greater product throughput and employee productivity
- Higher customer loyalty and greater customer transparency
- More streamlined product development, faster product delivery and fewer errors
Learn More about Engineer-to-Order
Other Customer Use Cases